Happy New Years everyone. Like you, I’ve started this year on a mission to cut back on sugary sweets and all those delicious indulgences that I would devour in the past. However, instead of telling myself, “Next Time”, I’m going to swap out those sugary treats for a healthier desserts version. You may ask, “Do they still taste good?”. Yes they do!
I’m going to share one of my favorites with you along with give you access to a recipe book with 30 other amazing treats that are not just healthy but HEALTHIER. Of course with any treats, moderation is key.
Download the rest of the recipes off to the right ——–>
Without further ado:
Here’s what you need for 40 small cookies:
• 10 slices nitrate free bacon
• 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
• 4 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
• 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 eggs
• 1 cup coconut crystals (lower Glycemic Index)
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
• 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1.5 cups 72% dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl combine the bacon slices with the maple syrup. Evenly coat each slice.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then line the bacon on it. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove bacon from oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, crumble into a bowl then set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with coconut oil and set aside.
6. In a medium bowl combine the almond flour, baking soda and salt.
7. In another medium bowl combine the coconut crystals, eggs, vanilla extract and almond extract. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix well.
8. Add the melted coconut oil to the batter. Add the bacon crumbles and chocolate chips. Mix until fully incorporated.
9. Drop dough by the tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
10. Remove from cookie sheet and allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
40 Servings Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 156 calories, 12g fat, 128mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 4g protein
Download more recipes like this in the sidebar off to the right ——–>